Saturday, October 6, 2007

Settling In

Hello Everyone! Well, I hope this newsletter finds you all well and experiencing the grace of God. September was definitely a month of settling in and my role being more defined for the time being.

The students for Mallorca Bible School arrived on the first of the month and we had a great orientation. Everyone on the staff has commented that this semester's students are a really neat group. Everyone seems so far to want to be here and are eager to learn. I would have to agree. I also started teaching the Missions class this month and have enjoyed the privilege of doing so. My passion is to inspire and encourage the students to develop a Biblical worldview and see beyond their own countries. Youth group is also going good as I am developing relationships with the kids.

I also had success with registering for Spanish courses this month in Magaluf. I have had 3 classes so far and my professor is a really neat guy. He seems to be open to what I am about and said it was important to teach the Bible. However, he is an atheist who believes in the devil and that there is a good and bad energy. Please pray for him, his name is Luis.

I also met a man from Argentina who works at one of the bars near the church. He pulled me aside to inquire of the church and what "religion" I was. He said everyone always asks about it and he doesn't know what to tell them. I have spoken with him twice and at the end of our second conversation he gave me his phone number and e-mail. Please pray for him, his name is Carlos Bernardez.

On October 18th I will also be starting to teach a mid-week Bible study in Palma (capital). I am so excited about this opportunity as both Luis and Carlos happen to live in Palma. I will also be going to Rome with the students for the semester trip sharing at a view sites. I will also be teaching on a Sunday morning at the church for Pastor Rafael as he will be out of the country. These are all my prayer requests as these ministry opportunities develop.

A routine and schedule has definitely been developed for now, from church cleaning to youth group. I am honored to serve God here in Mallorca! Until next time enjoy Jesus and the life He gives! Miss and love you all!

By His Grace,
Eric

5 comments:

Tim said...

Thanks for the update. Sounds like everything is going great and God is sure using you. Miss you lots!! Oh and....The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible. Love ya!!

marcos said...

Erik bro that is such a blessing to hear that the lord is using you mightly over there. that is a blessing. i will for sure be praying for you my brother. i hope that the lord continues to use you over there. i love you and i miss you man. GOD BLESS.
Jer. 29:11 you are such a great example

Sam Scotti said...

Thanks for letting us know how your doing, but i still haven't seen any PICTURES! How do we really know if you're really in Spain and not just hiding in a closet at home? :)
Seriously, blessed to hear all that you're doing and how well it's going. And teaching a Sunday morning service! You have no idea how big that made me smile and to see you being used in so many ways especially with Luis and Carlos.
Miss and love you much.

Linda said...

Hi Eric! Sounds like God has placed you there at a perfect time and is using you mightily!I pray your passion for Jesus and your gift for teaching will draw people to the Lord. We will continue to pray for you and look forward to hear what God has for you. Thank you for being obedient to God in this way. Lots of love to you...

Jason said...

Man Cub sounds like God is doing awesome things in your life. It is cool to see how God has given you the desires of your heart, and He is going to give you more. Every time I see a protein bar or protein shake I think of you.